At Friendship SBC, we do not believe that children are the Church of tomorrow. Our philosophy is that children are the church of today!
Our mission is "To Partner with Parents to train our children up in the way of the Lord."
As part of our family-based approach to worship, children are invited to sit with parents in the worship center during the first half of our worship hour at 11:00. They will enjoy singing worship songs with our praise team. Also, watch as we partake in the Lord’s Supper. Halfway through the service, children ages 3 - 8 are dismissed to our children's church area so that the sermon which they hear is fully directed at their learning ability. They will enjoy video-driven songs, games, and an open question-answer forum that doesn't normally happen in a traditional worship setting.
AWANA Ministry for kids is our Wednesday night program which involves children ages 2 - 12. The name is taken from the phrase "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" (from 2 Timothy 2:15) There are five main portions of AWANA night:
- Large Group Time - large group setting with songs, lesson, and prayer time
- Small-Group Time - A time for the teachers to get a small group setting with the children. To help reinforce the scripture verses and pray with them.
- Game Time - fun and high-energy activities which are also used to reinforce the biblical themes of AWANA.
- Mission Time - Time to learn about missions, missionaries, and the great Mission!
- Small-Group Time - smaller class interaction time with a teacher as they memorize scripture in their personal handbook. While taking the time to pray with the children. Clubbers receive awards and badges for completion throughout the year.
Your child can join to participate in the AWANA ministry at any point during the year. Club starts every Wednesday at 6:45 in the fellowship hall and concludes at 7:45 pm. We invite you to see the fun our children are having on Wednesday Nights and join in on it!